Insomnia is the inability to have a refreshing night’s sleep when you want and need it. Stress, anxiety, depression and constant overstimulation contribute to insomnia, and all are part of the neuroses of modern living. It is estimated that millions of adults suffer from sleep deprivation, and the effects of it can range from frustrating to debilitating.
Scientific research reports that yoga practices are a natural, drug free way to promote restful sleep and remedy sleep problems. In Sweet Dreams: Yoga for Insomnia, Shannon will teach you:
- Yogic lifestyle habits to set the stage for successful sleep
- Gentle active yoga sequences you can learn and do at home before bedtime
- Conscious relaxation techniques to use waking in the middle of the night
- Pranayama to support the relaxation of the nervous system
- Restorative yoga to soothe your senses before you fall asleep